Water printer for rent
How does the machine work?
- The water printer consists of a water tank and a frame made of an aluminium stage truss.
- A water printer with a large number of nozzles is built into the upper beam of the frame. Water flow through the nozzles is electronically controlled. The drops formed this way create falling images.
- Water circulates in a closed system. It falls into the tank below. Then, it is filtered and pumped back up.
- The tank is enclosed in stainless steel plates. The vertical plates are additionally covered with black or white adhesive foil.
- The frame is covered with aesthetic sleeves made of white or black lycra
- The wall of water created by the water printer is 1m shorter than the total length of the machine.
What can be displayed?
- The water printer can print any graphics, logos or texts prepared in black and white graphic files. Shades of grey cannot be displayed.
- Length: from 2 to 7 meters.
- Height: from 2 to 6 meters.
- Water tank width - 1.5m for indoor installations / 2.5m for external installations.
- Ask us about the 3d model of the water printer you are interested in.
- Download the water printer's technical drawings to know the exact dimensions.
- The water wall length is 1m smaller than the total length.
- The installation with the swing consists of a platform and a swing equipped with sensors.
- The water printer controls the water flow so that swing users do not become wet.
- To ensure structure stability, the customer should provide four IBC tanks on site to make guys that secure the structure.
- The tanks should have a capacity of 300l for the construction with one swing or 500l for the installation with two swings. We provide ropes and tensioners to make the guys.
- Height to choose: 3.8m, 4.3m, 4.8m or 5.3m. The minimum width is 4 meters for a single swing, 6 meters for a double swing.
- Details and dimensions are available in the technical drawings.
- The platform is put on the water tank and allows viewers to go to the other side of the waterfall.
- It is equipped with sensors that turn off the flow of water above the head of the viewers as soon as they enter it.
- The platform and the steps are made of a grating covered with a metal mesh. Thus, you can walk on them even in high heels.
- 20cm high cables can be led along the sides of the platform. The links show viewers not to leave the platform.
- Details and dimensions are available in the technical drawings.
- It is possible that users will become a bit wet if the wind blows the water drops towards them.
- Participants should be advised not to run onto the platform, because the water that is already in the air cannot be stopped.
- The motion should be directed so that participants do not enter the basin outside the platform. This can be done, for example, with the use of barriers.
- We make it possible to dye the water in the installation white.
- The dyed water is more visible, even during the day with strong sunlight.
- This eliminates the problem of finding a spot against a dark background.
- It improves the effect of lights (colored light falling on white water gives a better effect, colors are much better visible).
- We use for it food colouring.
- The dye is not dangerous to users of the installation or to their health.
- There is a risk of dirtying the floor or things around the installation.
- It allows viewers to draw any black and white images with their fingers in the android application.
- After pressing the start button, the water printer immediately stops printing the default program to display the shapes drawn by the viewer three times. Then the machine returns to printing the default program.
- Data transmission via bluetooth with a range of about 15m.
- The client can place it on a stand or hand it to service personnel.
- The stand is not provided by us.
- To get the most out of your tablet, you should provide an extra person to encourage people to interact.
Installation site requirements
- The best water visibility is obtained against a dark background.
- Under normal conditions, the falling water will not spray out of the tank noticeably. However, it cannot be ruled out that water will wet the floor as a result of: wind, viewers touching streams of water, during assembly and disassembly.
- The machine is rainproof but it cannot work during a storm.
- Winds over 7 knots (3 on the Beaufort scale) can deform falling images and cause water to fall outside the tank or wet people nearby. To reduce the risk of wind it is worth to: place the water printer in front of a wall or artificial background, protected against the wind, put the machine sideways to the wind, not to place the machine in constrictions, e.g. between buildings, where the wind increases.
- Flat, even surface, free of holes and sharp elements.
- Ground inclination not greater than 2.5 degrees. The measurement can be made using a mobile phone. Download a sample Android application
- Surface resistant to pressure of <300 kg/m2.
- Free space within 1m of the machine during assembly and disassembly.
- Our insurance does not allow technicians to perform activities other than work with the equipment we provide. In particular, they may not assemble or disassemble the machine body and its surroundings supplied by the customer. They can start assembly and disassembly works if they have free access to the machine.
- In the event of heavy and unpredictable traffic, the machine should be surrounded with barriers so that spectators do not enter and sit on the machine's basin.
Enclosure and branding
- The vertical walls of the water printer's tank can be stuck with self-adhesive foil. The service of printing such foil is priced individually.
- The customer can enclose the structure of aluminium trusses according to their own requirements. The assembly method using the assembly elements supplied by us is shown in the technical drawings.
- The water tank has no load-bearing properties. The enclosure provided by the customer should not be based on it.
- Water is poured only once during machine installation. However, in windy weather it may be necessary to top up the water during a several-day show.
- Amount of water in the system:
- 500l x Total machine length for outdoor installations,
- 250l x Total machine length for indoor installations
- Water availability on installation day - Fire hydrant/fire hose, tap for connecting a garden hose at a distance of less than 50m.
- Possibility to fill the container on wheels with a capacity of 100l (for installations smaller than 3m wide).
- For safety reasons, it should be possible to empty the water tank at a distance of less than 50m at any time.
- Active power: 1400W + Total machine length x 540W.
- Apparent power: 1300VA + Total machine length x 790VA.
- Number of standard electrical sockets (230V, 16A - standard European CEE 7/7 plug): 2 - for a machine with a length of 5m and less, 3 - for a machine with a length of 6m and wider.
- Power cables coming from the machine should be protected with cable ramps if there is a risk of their damage.
- The water printer is made mainly of metal, i.e. material that does not require fire certification.
- Certain parts of the water printer: Lycra sleeves and anti-spatter mats do not have fire certification. If necessary, the client can agree on the use of substitutes.
Passes, parking and unloading permits
- If the installation site requires it, technicians should be provided with passes:, for assembly and disassembly: two or three passes (to be agreed on), for the show: two passes.
- For the time of assembly and disassembly, the customer should provide a parking space for an L4 van sized: 6200 x width 2100 mm.
- The van must be able to drive up at any time of the show in the event of a breakdown.
- The device is usually installed 1 or 2 days before the show starts.
- Postponing the installation to earlier days is paid extra. The service is available for purchase through our online store.
- The customer should specify a 10-hour time window for assembly and testing in advance.
- Water availability is required from the end of the 2nd hour to the end of the 8th assembly hour.
- Additional enclosure and branding (delivered by the client) can be mounted from the beginning of 9th hour of the assembly.
- In the 9th and 10th hours of assembly, tests and modifications of the program are made. For this reason, the client's presence is recommended.
During the show
- At least one of our technicians will be present during the first two days of the show (up to 12h per day).
- During this time, he will provide information on water printer operation to the person designated by the client.
- It is possible to buy the presence of our technicians for additional days in our online store.
- The disassembly usually takes place the day after the show is over.
- The customer should specify a 6-hour time window for disassembly in advance.
- Our technicians may work for no longer than 12 consecutive hours.
- If they have to be present during the last day of the show for over 6h, they may need a 10h break before they start the disassembly.
- If this is not possible we may need to engage more technicians for an additional fee. The client should inform us about it in advance.
- Water printer assembly 1 or 2 days before the show,
- Technical support for the first two days of the show,
- If the assembly or disassembly is prolonged due to unavailability of the installation site or lack of technical conditions, extra work hours are charged according to our price list.
Your Dynamic Snippet will be displayed here... This message is displayed because youy did not provide both a filter and a template to use.